Sunday, June 22, 2014

Organizing my button collection


I have quite a large collection of buttons.
I usually get them from charity shops,so they need a good sorting through
It's a job I enjoy but find it hard to make the time.
This week I made the effort and got a little carried away.

I gathered together some recycled jars in different sizes


Decorated them with tea dyed lace and embellished some with 
these little jewels (vintage earings with the backs removed)
I just glued them on


I covered some jars with a piece of vintage curtain lace,glued on



I really do enjoy organizing and this little project was very worth while



What are you organizing this week

I am joining some linky parties this week 
The links are on my side bar

Happy organizing
x jeanetteann

12 comments:

  1. I love this idea -- when I have some free time I'm going to copy it! Meanwhile, I'm pinning this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you made those jars lovely ! I have lots of buttons too and just love to sort them. Usually I do it late while watching TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they are so very lovely! What a gorgeous way to display your collection.
    Love it!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your buttons all organized looks so pretty! Mine are in the basement in a tin and jars! I have misplaced my recipe for the chive blossom vinegar but all I did was put chive blossoms in a jar and heat some vinegar (don't boil it) and pour over the chive blossoms and put in a dark place for a couple of weeks shaking it up now and then and then strain. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done that myself. I have jars of buttons all over the place. I use them as ornaments until I need them. I also have lavender in jars for sachets. I find that if I can see things I dont forget I have them
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Collecting buttons is one of my favorite things now since I am down sizing all my collections and selling items out of my house.
    I love to see lots of jars of white mother of pearl buttons together and the lace you added to your jars is charming

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a great idea! I sometimes don't feel very craft-y, but I think I could manage this. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jeannette Ann! Looks like you have been enjoying getting organized! I keep plugging away at it myself. Love your button ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your collection. I have an extensive button collection and I liked the way you dressed up the jars.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What cute jars! I have my grandmothers buttons but they're just in tins up in the closet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jeanette! Ha! Well, I have lots of those marvelous jars and plenty of lace and vintage thingys - just not the time to pursue dressing them up. Nor the display space, I daresay! But, your post makes me want to pull out all the ingredients and mix up some beauty - sooner rather than later.
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated and I will acknowledge each one. Thank you for taking the time

you might like